This Christmas wouldn’t it be wonderful if we all made an effort to buy something from a local business? Every time I buy from Amazon, I think, I’m making a rich person even richer! But if you buy from a local business, you help to change someone’s life and make something they’re really passionate about into a success! Here are just a handful of local businesses you can support this year, and also get some truly wonderful and original gifts to treasure forever.
- The Little Silver Company – Beautiful bespoke fine silver jewellery and keepsakes including Children’s handprints, footprints and fingerprints. Ceri says, “I set up from my love of jewellery and all things of sentimental value – there was no better keepsake than my children’s handprints and fingerprints captured forever in silver and so my business began..”
- Leanne who runs Leanne’s Little Gift Company says, “I set up as a way of being able to do a job I love whilst being able to be a stay at home mum. We make and sell items for all occasions, if you can’t find a colour or design you are looking for just message us and we will try our best to source it.”
3. Jade says, “I set up Blossom Craft Company by myself not long ago. I have a 4 year old in reception and a 3 year old in nursery – I’m hoping that this gives me the best of both worlds- working from home being creative whilst having my little humans run around me! I have qualifications in fashion design and a BA Hons degree in costume design and textiles – this is what I enjoy! Creating ! .. my page at the moment is full of Christmas delights and hair bows for your little ‘uns.. and big ‘uns.”
4. Emma says, “I went back to work part time after maternity leave as I wanted to do something a bit different alongside my main job and still have the time at home with my little one so I set up Kids Bee Happy Sand Art!”
5. Adele says, “We are local mums that set up a business that celebrates family time and the precious memories you have along way ❤ we make personalised memory jars for all the family, personalised baubles, santas cookies in a jar, santas magic keys and lots of other Christmas goodies at the moment.” Find them at The Little Memories Company.
6. Lia’s Scrabble Frames are a great gift idea for Christmas, birthdays, weddings…the list goes on!
7. Cathryn says, “I’m a busy mum of 3 (children are 1, 3 and 5) and I opened Into the Woods 6 months ago. We do build a bear style teddies stuffed with our teddy bear machine, parties, fairytale pamper parties and fairytale photography set in our own enchanted wood, got some beautiful teddies and costumes in for Christmas.”
8. Emma says, “I set up my business ‘Little Petal Cakes‘ after realising returning to work after maternity leave was no longer a feasible option!