Bingley Family Links team run an 8 week course called the Antenatal Nurturing Programme. It’s a relaxed way for parents to think about the transition to parenthood and discuss issues that can be a challenge for every new mother and father.
Over the 8 weeks you’ll meet with other parents and trained group leaders to talk about important questions such as, “How is my baby developing?”, “How should I feed my baby?”, “What will I do when my baby cries?”, “Is help available?”
- Understanding your baby – a baby’s brain development.
- Your future as parents and a family.
- Your roots, traditions, hopes and fears for the future.
- Breastfeeding and the practical tasks of caring for a new baby.
- The need to nurture ourselves.
- Parents attend the group from approx 22 weeks of pregnancy. There are eight 2 hour sessions with tea/coffee break.
- 8 – 10 parents are invited and there are two Family Links trained group leaders.
- Some groups provide a creche; check with parent group leaders beforehand.
- You need to come for all eight sessions as the programme fits together like a puzzle.
- Partners are welcome and it’s also fine to come on your own or with another relative or friend.
Canalside Health Cenre, 2 Kingsway, Bingley, BD16 4RP
Contact us on the telephone number below for details of the next course.
Bingley Mums says – This is an excellent way to find out more about your pregnancy and parenting journey as well as meeting other parents to be in the same position as you. Don’t underestimate the importance of sharing your journey with those who are going through what you are also experiencing – they could become friends for life!