This is my sixth Mother’s Day as a mummy and I have to say, it never gets old. However, who came up with the idea of having it on the same day as the clocks going forwards! That’s just not fair! Anyway, as ever my three year old woke up at the crack of dawn this morning and has no consideration for the fact that I didn’t get to bed until midnight.
Today, we have booked a table for lunch at Taylormade Treats which I’m pretty excited about, they are also doing a Mother’s Day brunch earlier on this morning and the usual lovely cupcakes! I think that is probably booked up now, so if you’re after some last minute inspiration, here are some ideas:-
1) Dick Hudsons does a nice roast and is child friendly too with plenty of high chairs, a kid’s menu and changing facilities too. It’s pretty failsafe and a favourite with us.
2) The Acorn in Eldwick – I’ve never actually been here, so I can’t actually recommend it as such, but I’ve heard plenty of good things from other people! I know the owners have young children so it must follow that facilities for children are also good. If you’ve been there for a meal and want to recommend it, please get in touch via the Contact Me page.
3) The Glen in Gilstead – again I’ve not really visited this pub enough to form an opinion, but the menu looks pretty good and they have a children’s menu too. Please get in touch if you’d like to recommend this pub.
4) Pizza Express in Ilkley – an oldie but a goodie, we go here all the time. Park behind Marks & Spencer for two hours free parking and pop on through, though it’s always worth booking a table especially on a weekend. The children’s menu is fab and includes dough balls and salad for starter, pizza or pasta for main and an ice cream sundae for dessert, not forgetting the Bambinocino!
5) Hollins Hall – treat yourself to a Mother’s Day spa session followed by lunch in the Heathcliff Restaurant. Hollins hall is about a twenty minute drive away on the edge of Baildon, it’s set in nice surroundings and I find it quite relaxing.
Do you have any other suggestions for ways to spend Mother’s Day near Bingley?